Year 2 - Learning @ Home
On this page, you will find ideas to help Year 2 pupils learn at home. We hope these activities support you during this time, however they are optional so families are welcome to use their own home learning ideas if they prefer.
Have a look at our NEW 'Online Safety at Home' section!
Are you feeling worried about something?
With everything that is happening at the moment, it is perfectly normal to be worried. If there are things which are making you feel sad, angry or upset then there are people you can talk to and some wonderful resources to help you.
Our Worry Box has now been closed for the Summer Holidays but we have compiled some links and techniques to help you cope with any emotions you are struggling with.
If you would like something else to do, you could try this:
Don't forget, you can also log into Mathletics and Times Tables Rockstars for additional maths learning!
You can also use your TTR login details to play NUMBOTS
You could also play Quickulations to develop your fluency.
Storytime with Nick
Watch Storytime with Nick; films of well-loved stories read by Nick Cannon, a trained actor and teacher and a wonderful storyteller. A new story will be added to the Ruth Miskin Learning YouTube channel at 2pm on... Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week.
Don't forget, you can also keep reading using your Reading Buddy account!
Online Safety at Home
This week's theme is:
Who should you trust? What information should we reveal?
Read about Smartie the Penguin learning to stay safe.
Watch Red and Murphy talk to Smartie the Penguin about keeping your friends safe online.
Useful website links
On your marks, get set, BAKE! Give baking a go using one of these recipes from BBC Good Food.
Did you know that you can still watch the animals at some UK zoos? Chester zoo holds virtual zoo days where the keepers take you around to see lots of different animals. You can catch up with all of them here. Can you spot your favourite animal?
Missing class novel time? Us too! But we’ve found a website where you can watch real life astronauts read you books… in space!
We had lots of fun making hand puppets earlier in the year. On this YouTube channel you can watch lots of different puppet shows and even learn how to make lots of different types of puppets.
In science, we learned about food chains. Using this link,remind yourself of what a food chain is and see if you can create your own.
- Prediction Scooby Doo A Time Mystery The Case of the Spinning Spook
- Summarising Scooby Doo A Time Mystery The Case of the Spinning Spook
- 15 05 20 To retrieve 1
- 22 05 20 Maths journal multiplication
- 8 5 20 Groups of 10s and 1s addition
- 8 5 20 How many tens and ones
- 8 5 20 Journal tasks
- 8 5 20 Missing numbers
- 8 5 20 Number Partitioning 10s and 1s
- 8 5 20 Part Part Whole
- 8 5 20 Word problem challenges
- A superhero Cookbook Simple Recipes for Kids to evaluate
- Addition and subtraction word problems
- Animals Project Based Learning EYFS KS1
- Column addition
- Column subtraction
- Copy of Column method explained
- Division picture questions
- Division word problems
- EYFS KS1 Rainforest Jungle Habitats 1
- EYFS KS1 Weather Project Based Learning
- EYFS and KS1 Water Project
- EYFS KS1 Space Project
- EYFS KS1 Transport
- Favourite Stories EYFS KS1
- Fossils and Dinosaurs All year groups
- FS KS1 Food Project Based Learning
- Guess the shape
- Henri Rousseau Project Tiger Painting Surprised
- Journal 1
- Journal Task 1
- Journal task 2
- LO To make connections
- Maths journal task 03 04 20
- Mindfulness project
- Muliplication and division word problems walkthrough
- Multiplication 22 05 20
- Multiplication word problems
- Name the shape
- NHS Learning Project
- Number bonds to 10
- Number bonds to 20
- ParentPack Mathletics EMEA
- Problem Solving 15 5 20
- Properties of 2D shapes 15 5 20
- Retrieval Honestly Red Riding Hood was Rotten 22 5 20
- Shape Hunt 15 5 20
- Shape Journals 15 5 20
- Shape Matching 15 5 20
- Shapes journal
- Shapes pictogram
- Summarising Honestly Red Riding Hood was Rotten 22 5 20
- To infer
- To retrieve
- VE Day Learning Project PDF
- Water Making Connections 8 5 20
- Water Retrieval 8 05 20 2
- Weather in Spring Questioning
- Weather in Spring Retrieval
- Wild Schools activities
- Year 2 The Diary of a Killer Cat