PE at Hartley
The Physical Education curriculum is divided into Outdoor and indoor PE. The teachers follow the Rising Stars Champions programme which is a whole school sport, health and fitness programme that inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. Teaching the national curriculum requirements for P.E using the Rising stars programme provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way that supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sports and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect. These are broken down into dance, gymnastics and games.
Our sports specialists deliver all the outdoor P.E lessons apart from Gymnastics. They facilitate in-house sports tournament to allow more pupils participate in sporting competitions. They coach pupils and prepare them for external competitions.
Pupils in Year 4 follow a 2 week intensive swimming course at the Aquatic Centre – Olympic site.
Pupils in Year 5 and 6 are given the opportunity to develop their coordination, agility and teamwork skills by participating in outdoor activities which include water sports.
P.E Curriculum Overview
- Y3 & 4 Football Tournament
- Y5 & 6 Football Tournament at Hartley
- Y5 & 6 Football Tournament at Avenue
- Y5 Tag Rugby Tournament
- Y6 Tag Rugby Tournament
- Y1 Dodgeball Tournament
- Y2 Dodgeball Tournament
- Y3 & 4 Dodgeball Festival
- Y5 & 6 Dodgeball Festival
- Y5 & 6 Handball Tournament
- Cumberland SSP Year 5 & 6 Handball Competition
- Y2 Cumberland SSP Sportshall Athletics Competition
- Y5 & 6 Girls' Football Tournament
- Y5 & 6 Tag Rugby Tournament
- Y5 Fantastic Finish
- Y5 & 6 Tag Rugby Competition