OUR ETHOS & OUR VALUES
Our Vision Statement is:
"Hartley's commitment is to instil confidence in all pupils to achieve their very best and become successful lifelong learners."
As a school we will:
- Cater for the needs of all pupils
- Challenge, excite and promote positive attitudes - develop a 'growth-mindset'
- Draw on and value the religious, cultural and ethnic diversity of all our learners
- Encourage children to be independent and to take ownership of their learning
- Provide a purposeful environment where every child discovers their own potential and love of learning
- Equip our pupils with the ability to acquire the skills they need for the rapidly evolving world in which they live
At Hartley we believe in:
These are values for the whole school community that we will all work hard to embed and be successful.
The children have been learning about each of the values in class and how they can demonstrate them.
We are also developing behaviour consistencies for everyone to follow. They are:
- Silent lines when moving around the school
- Hands up signal to get attention
- Meet and greet handshake