EY/Reception - Learning @ Home
On this page, you will find ideas to help Nursery and Reception pupils learn at home. We hope these activities support you during this time, however they are optional so families are welcome to use their own home learning ideas if they prefer.
Let’s count using objects around your home
- Can you count the fruit in the bowl?
- How many windows are in your home?
- Go around your home and count the chairs.
- Find the spoons in the kitchen draw and count them.
- How many teaspoons are there?
- How many tablespoons are there?
- How many teaspoons and tablespoons are there altogether?
- Can you find any of these numbers on your clock face?
Communication and Language
Today I looked outside my window, I can see big fluffy clouds, they are like candy floss. I can't see the big yellow sun today.
What’s the weather like where you are today?
Can you look out of a window and see what the weather's like today?
Can you talk about the weather, what can you see?
Can you draw a picture of what you see?
Can you write a sentence about the weather? Can you use words to describe what you see? Remember your capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
Can you make a diary about the weather every day?
Useful website links
Bear Grylls and The Scouts - Great indoor challenges Click here
Joe Wicks PE for children - Weekdays at 9am Click here
Andy’s world of workouts - CBeebies Click here
White Rose maths activities - A different activity each day Click here
Read, Write Inc have free, short Phonics lessons on Facebook and You Tube for children to watch at home every day until Friday 3rd April.
Films will show at the times below and be available for 24 hours.
- Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am (GMT)
- Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am
- Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am